Can dogs eat cucumber?
Yes, pet dogs can consume cucumber! Get rid of the seeds from the cucumber prior to providing it to your canine, as they might create indigestion, and also reduced right into bite sized items to avoid choking.
Is cucumber good for dogs?
Cucumber is a secure as well as healthy and balanced treat for canines. Cucumber includes mainly water and also is reduced in calories as well as fat, so it’s an excellent alternate to high-calorie deals with. It can additionally aid to refresh their breath and also cleanse their teeth!
How to feed a dog cucumber
- Remove the seeds
- Cut up the cucumber into bite size pieces or slices
- Feed a few chunks to your dog as a treat
- Or freeze cucumber slices until firm for a refreshing summer treat
- Or add a few pieces of cucumber to your dog’s regular food
How much cucumber can my dog eat?
Regardless of being a healthy and balanced treat, pets must be provided cucumber in small amounts, taking the dimension of the canine right into factor to consider. Additionally think about all the various other treats your pet might consume or have actually consumed that day; also healthy and balanced deals with like cucumber needs to consist of just 10% of your pet’s total diet regimen.
- Smaller dogs can have a few slices or small pieces of cucumber per day
- Medium dogs can have around half a cucumber per day
- Larger dogs can have up to a whole cucumber per day
The nutritional benefit of cucumber for dogs
- Contains vitamins C and K, which are important for a healthy immune system and strong bones
- Contains potassium and magnesium, which are important for blood pressure regulation and bone health
- Contains antioxidants, which help protect the cells
- Contains fibre, which is important for digestive health
- Low in carbohydrates and fat
Additionally, as cucumber has a high water content, it is helpful for maintaining hydration.
Cucumber recipes for dogs
- A few chunks of skinless cucumber
- Strawberries, blueberries and/or banana
- Plain, unsweetened yoghurt
Ice cube tray, Kong or Licky Mat (or other slow feeder that can hold wet food)
- Mash or puree the cucumber chunks with a couple of berries and/or a few slices of banana.
- Combine the mixture with a couple of spoonfuls of plain, unsweetened yoghurt.
- Fill the ice cube tray or Kong with the mixture and freeze for a cooling treat. Alternatively, spread the mixture over a licky mat for longer lasting enjoyment.
The risks of dogs eating cucumber
Providing your canine excessive cucumber at once might create an indigestion, specifically if your canine is not made use of to it. Constantly present a brand-new food gradually and also keep track of for any type of indications of allergic reactions or various other sick impacts. If your pet has a delicate belly, you can attempt offering him simply a little cucumber to see if he has any kind of response.
Keep in mind that the seeds of a cucumber are not hazardous to pet dogs, however they can be a choking threat for lap dogs and also create gastrointestinal problems in pets of all dimensions, so it’s finest to eliminate them